Hello, 2018! As cliche as it is, I really find something special about a brand new year.
New beginnings. New opportunities. New You.
New self-care routines.
Cleansing your mind, body, and soul is extremely important to your physical and mental health, and what better time to do this than the start of a new year?!
Self-care is important to rejuvenate ourselves to be the best possible versions we can be.
How can we give 100% when we are only feeling about 20%?
Read on to find the best ways to dig deep and really create the most balanced you for the start of the new year.
Self- Care Routines to Adopt in 2018
- Be constantly learning by reading books on topics you always wanted to learn more about or watching youtube videos.
- Read inspirational books that will help you feel the urge to create and be the best you can be (read my post on 5 Inspirational Books You Need to Read Now)
- Play games that will make you think such as chess or sudoku
- Get a hobby that you can really delve deep into because chances are you will have to further your education for most hobbies to get better
- Have conversations with your loved ones about topics that will create a discussion
- Find a workout that you truly enjoy doing, and commit to doing it 5 times a week.
- Stretch! The most overlooked activity by far, but super important to help your body release tensions. Plus it feels amazing!
- Eat foods that nourish you. Preferably a plant-based diet, but if that’s too much, start by incorporating more greens into your diet.
- Limit your alcohol intake. I will NEVER say cut it out, because BEER, but moderation is key!
- Relax! People are always running around and never truly sit and relax. Draw yourself an epsom salt bath and just breathe.
- Find time in your day to meditate. Even just 5 mindful minutes can help tremendously.
- Write a couple things you are grateful for in your gratitude journal every day. Even if you are having an awful day, being grateful for a warm cup of coffee or your dog will help shift your mind to a most positive way. At least for a little bit. (Read my post on How to Use Journaling to Manifest Your Dreams)
- DayDream. Dream up how you want your life to look. And make it happen.
Creating a routine of some, or maybe all, of these items will set you up to be a super balanced and in tune with yourself.
Find time in the day to create a new rhythm that will help you slow down and really listen to how you feel or what you need in life.
Your body and mind will thank you.
Do anyone of you have something to add to the list? Comment below!